Ref : 66126
Publiée le Mardi 17 Août 2010 dans Emplois Cadres
UNOPS helps its partners in the United Nations system meet the world’s needs for building peace, recovering
from disaster, and creating sustainable development. UNOPS is known for its ability to implement complex
projects in all types of environments around the globe. In an effort to promote organizational excellence,
UNOPS seeks highly qualified individuals for the following position:
Vacancy Code UNOPS/2010/SIL/001
Post Title Project Manager
Post Level P4 (Fixed Term Appointment)
Position status Non-rotational
Org Unit AFO – Sierra Leone
Duty Station Freetown, Sierra Leone
Duration One year
Closing Date 25 August 2010
UNOPS implements on behalf of the Peace Building Fund in close collaboration with the UN mission in
Sierra Leone and the government of Sierra Leone a training program whereby UNOPS is responsible for
the logistic part including the physical distribution of the perdiems for 7200 trainees
The Project Officer will work under the direct supervision of the Johannesburg Cluster Manager and be
responsible for the project operations and representing UNOPS. The Project Officer will be responsible for
performing the following duties and responsibilities.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Project Officer will be responsible for performing the following duties and responsibilities.
• Manage and assure the operational needs of the support to the Government of Sierra Leone’s
Armed and Police forces
• Work in close collaboration with UNDP and the UN mission
• Establish systems and procedures for the provision of inputs,
• Assure the UNOPS entrusted logistic of the foreseen field training
• Represent UNOPS at the UNCT, the Government and donors
• Identify business potential and liaise with the Johannesburg Cluster Manager
• Follow up on the Sierra Leone Joint Vision
• Actively work with clients on proposed projects, identifying client requirements and taking action to meet
requirements, monitor the implementation of plans, identifying cost implications and milestones to
• Focus on clients’ services, keeping them informed of portfolio progress. Provide verbal and written
• Actively interact with clients to solicit feedback and gauge client satisfaction.
• Generates regular Project Reports in accordance with UNOPS and donor guidelines for reporting.
• Maintains diaries and progress reports as required by UNOPS standard procedures.
• Attends coordination meetings when requested; Arranges and host donor and official site visits.
• Performs any other duties deemed necessary by the Project Manager.
Required Selection Criteria
• Personal interest, commitment, efficiency, flexibility and willingness to work in a highly motivated
team of professionals.
• Ability to lead strategic planning, change processes, results-based management and reporting.
• Demonstrated planning and organizational skills
• Ability to work in demanding cultural context with government partners, under challenging physical
conditions and poor national infrastructure
• Builds strong relationships with clients, focuses on impact and result for the client and responds
positively to feedback
• Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills.
• Proven networking, organizational and communication skills.
• Atlas experience is an asset
• Advance knowledge of working with internet based applications and languages.
• Knowledge of UNOPS rules and regulations
• Knowledge of Atlas is an asset
Advanced University degree in business/commerce, economics, international relations/law, political science
and other work related social sciences or a First University degree in related fields combined with extensive
experience in similar responsible position.
At least 7 years progressively responsible experience in project development and management, marketing,
customers relations in a business environment in either public or private sector international organizations.
Knowledge of region and experience in the region a great asset.
Language: Fluency in English is required.
Submission of Applications
Qualified candidates may submit their application, including a letter of interest, complete Curriculum Vitae and
an updated United Nations Personal History Form (P.11) (available on our website), via e-mail to
firstname.lastname@example.org Kindly indicate the vacancy number and the post title in the subject line when
applying by email.
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a level below the advertised level of the post.
For more information on UNOPS, please visit the UNOPS website at www.unops.org.
925 Visite(s) - 0 Réponse(s)
Le fil Ouestafnews
Communiqués et déclarations
Idées & Opinions
Dans le forum